Welcome Back!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
mavric_XXX
boebia
Olyol95
7 posters

Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days'

Olyol95
    Olyol95
    Admin

Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days' Empty Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days'

Post  Olyol95 Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:50 am

I have been noticing a slight stir in the ranks recently, and people have been starting to moan that minecraft is getting 'boring' or is somehow different in a sense. And to be honest I kind of agree with them, I am not sure if it is just the way in which minecraft has developed over the years, or whether it is due to the way in which the dynamics of lostboys has changed. Either way I am creating this thread to let you voice your opinions over suggestions that may make the server more 'fun' or how to make it 'more like it used to be'. I would value each and every one of your suggestions as I am always trying to improve lostboys to make it more fun for you guys.
    boebia

Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days' Empty Re: Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days'

Post  boebia Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:27 pm

Have a creative world or like a world made for just war between factions.
    Get Archer back (the old npc at spawn that sold stuff).
    harras matt more about the state of the server.
    make factions public you ass.
    and ill probably edit this later with more sh*t.
    mavric_XXX
    mavric_XXX

Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days' Empty Re: Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days'

Post  mavric_XXX Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:02 am

As Agreed with boe, get citizens back! Very Happy
    pepsda
    pepsda

Post  pepsda Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:40 am

Archer was a boss.
    I agree with the pvp world, not so much with creative world.
    Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

Post  Dragongunz Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:00 pm

We need some new Plugins for things like Spleef and paintbal or Ctf !!!

If we could get plugins that make games for spleef and set them up it would be WAYYYY more fun then manually having to find players sort the teams and make the rules.

here are a few links to some plugins,

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/paintballcraft/

^^ that plugin is the Paintball Plugin Its SOO FREAKING FUN!! Basically Anyone in the lobby gets sorted out into a team, either red or blue and You get 5 lives. If you get hit with a snowball you get 1 life deducted, Teams Must kill the other team to the last man to win. ( once in the lobby the game will automatically Start a New game when there isnt one going on and will teleport the players to a map where they CANNOT break blocks). there is also a ingame chash system for Buying more snowballs, we should try this out !
    Its amazing fun !

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/arcticspleef/

^^ this Plugin is basically for Spleef, It will Just Reset the Ground and make teams and Make a new round aand such!
    If we get spleef back it will be Awesome fun Very Happy i remember Back when taco was around we used to play spleef everyday and had Factions compete in it ! Was soo epic !

Also I have a Few idea's For some things Let me list them,

1: Admin/Mod/Op Town ( a town for The Staff to Keep things and such)
    2: VIP/Donator Island ( could be town) The Vips Get a Island To which they can build anything on and Maybe some Give aways
    3: Mob Grinder/Arena Its an arena near spawn or can be warped to that has is filled with spawners and is intended for PvP and Mob Grinding for Xp
    4:More Place Like Spawn Which can be Traveled to or warped to which have Specialties like certain arenas or Shops !
    5: Bring back The Builder Rank So we can have People Building More epic stuff to help out instead of them making dirt sqaures...
    6:Bring back Citizens If possible
    7:Take Away the Rule that says No Swearing. ( In all seriousness its not a big deal swearing.)

Ill write some more later when i can think of them

mavric_XXX
    mavric_XXX

Post  mavric_XXX Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:58 pm

Dragongunz wrote:
    1: Admin/Mod/Op Town ( a town for The Staff to Keep things and such)
    Yes!

Dragongunz wrote:2: VIP/Donator Island ( could be town) The Vips Get a Island To which they can build anything on and Maybe some Give aways
    Yes!
    Dragongunz wrote:3: Mob Grinder/Arena Its an arena near spawn or can be warped to that has is filled with spawners and is intended for PvP and Mob Grinding for Xp
    Mob grinder, no everyone will be over power. Arena yes!
    Dragongunz wrote:4:More Place Like Spawn Which can be Traveled to or warped to which have Specialties like certain arenas or Shops !
    Yes. I think we should have freeport back! Very Happy
    Dragongunz wrote:5: Bring back The Builder Rank So we can have People Building More epic stuff to help out instead of them making dirt sqaures...
    Yes, but there was an issue about the items being spawned theres a plugin which I'll find were people cant drop items in creative...
    Dragongunz wrote:6:Bring back Citizens If possible
    Yup, and like the old days, mods should have full citizen perms! Very Happy and normal players could buy a citizen for a large sum of money...

Dragongunz wrote:7:Take Away the Rule that says No Swearing. ( In all seriousness its not a big deal swearing.)
    Agreed.
    Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

Post  Dragongunz Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 pm

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/zombiesurvival/

^^ this plugin Sounds Fun ! Its Basically Nazi Zombies for MC. You start out in a lobby and when it starts you get teleported to the Zombies Arena With a certain amount of cash,
    You Gotta keep surviving wave after wave to get Money and upgrades, Its basically the call of duty Zombies. if we get this I bet Everyone will be having fun for a long time Very Happy

Side note: i have no idea if any of theese plugins will work ;p
    mavric_XXX
    mavric_XXX

Post  mavric_XXX Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:25 am

Bring back freeport and citizens, get Towny instead of saga, and the old mod rules... You grief/xray you get jailed for the day or 2 depends on what you've done second time perma ban. The new mod rules are to sh*t and 'New' And the mod wall.. which requiers citizens. Also if anybody can... GET BACK SUBWAYCAKE. sh*t sucks our days
    boebia

Post  boebia Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:51 am

mavric_XXX wrote:Bring back freeport and citizens, get Towny instead of saga, and the old mod rules... You grief/xray you get jailed for the day or 2 depends on what you've done second time perma ban. The new mod rules are to sh*t and 'New' And the mod wall.. which requiers citizens. Also if anybody can... GET BACK SUBWAYCAKE. sh*t sucks our days

im still best friends with subway and he does NOT want to come back, he just wants me to ban him whenever he talks about this server.
    Bungroids

Post  Bungroids Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:27 am

I suggest more mod/admin related events.Such as drop invents. Also, a wither boss fighting event(with volunteer attendance not mass teleportation drag!!!!!!!) Additionally (this is hypocritical) limit the distance of which people can traverse. So set world boundaries. People are scattering them hundreds of thousands of blocks around. We should keep them under a radius of 10000. That way they are physically attainable by land travel, and it will save the hassel of tping people. I enjoy the adventure anyway. It makes people less lazy, more adventurous, and builds teamwork. Additionally this would help factions grow, since the close proximity will allow settlements to be more easily captured. Now since there are a lot of settlements past this boundary I suggest this be implemented in update 1.5, a while from now. One thing I really, really want to stress, is a reformation of the Mod/Admin role in our server, some mods look like they have honorary positions, that fit no purpose besides pleasing thier admins. And admins should have more active roles. Mods need to be more involved with players, and must in all earnesty, stop harassing people and neglecting them; stop with the "It's your problem, Ha you died" and player favoring. But i am glad we reimplemented player made factions, that seems to draw a lot of attention.
    mopper2
    mopper2

Suggestions: How to make it more like the 'good ol' days' Empty RE: Good ol' days

Post  mopper2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:23 am

Remove faction claiming, put the faction ranks back to grandmaster, warmaster, and noble, set a world size limit (will also reduce lag) Add pvp world back, add a creative world, Bring back the anti xray plugin, basically, Just put the server back the way It was in 1.0. That was my favorite map.
    mopper2
    mopper2

Post  mopper2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:24 am

mavric_XXX wrote:Bring back freeport and citizens, get Towny instead of saga, and the old mod rules... You grief/xray you get jailed for the day or 2 depends on what you've done second time perma ban. The new mod rules are to sh*t and 'New' And the mod wall.. which requiers citizens. Also if anybody can... GET BACK SUBWAYCAKE. sh*t sucks our days

Towny suukckkckcks
    mopper2
    mopper2

Post  mopper2 Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:25 am

Dragongunz wrote:http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/zombiesurvival/

^^ this plugin Sounds Fun ! Its Basically Nazi Zombies for MC. You start out in a lobby and when it starts you get teleported to the Zombies Arena With a certain amount of cash,
    You Gotta keep surviving wave after wave to get Money and upgrades, Its basically the call of duty Zombies. if we get this I bet Everyone will be having fun for a long time Very Happy

Side note: i have no idea if any of theese plugins will work ;p

^^^ This my friend would ruin the server.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:37 am