Welcome Back!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
duckman6411
Bungroids
Dragongunz
7 posters

New PvP and Faction

Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

New PvP and Faction  Empty New PvP and Faction

Post  Dragongunz Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:54 pm

Lostboys has started to drift off from what it was a while back when we had epic towns and factions. Now people just join factions just to join a town or because a friend is in it. People b*tch about being killed because there in the faction, but cant leave the faction. FACTIONS ARE FOR PVP. also it seems people only join big factions and never small factions, so why not make 2 preset factions,then there will be way more competition and sense of loyalty to a faction. Towns are also very gross looking most of the time, and are cobble box towns and all the member are inactive or never talk to eachother. There are very rarely any good looking towns that are active and communicate with eachother and other towns. Having 2 factions would help fix that, Then people could communicate with eachother and know what is going on in another town. ( Since they would be in the same faction not a random small faction).

Another idea is to make faction land. Basically the spawn would have two exits. One Heading north and one heading South. The factions will be encouraged to make towns or settlements in there territory ( South or North). Then there will be a better sense of factions because people will think North= (Faction1) And South=(Faction2). It will also help with pvp because all people would need to do is head to the direction there enemies are and look for towns.
    Now what happens if you make a settlement in the enemy factions territory you say ? Well of course you can do that, but then they will most likely get attacked daily and all the time. making the town just a pvp zone rather then a group of friends who wanna build together.

I will also personally build arenas, and battlefields in certain areas to encourage PvP and activity in certain areas.

Now what about the people who just want to build? Then they don't need factions, so they wouldn't need to worry where they build anyway since they cant be killed by other players. ( Of course the faction owning the territory would obviously try to claim it, but there wouldn't be any difference since they cannot be killed. )

So in short here is what i want to do:

1. Delete factions, and make only 2 factions RUN BY ACTIVE PLAYERS ( not by just one player commanding everything, but rather the town owners that are in the factions.)

2. Faction territory, Faction1 lives in south; Faction2 lives in North-East ( and encourage it not enforce it. You will also get bonuses like towns being leveled up by an admin to level 5-6 at the start when they build it in the territory. )

3. Make people who do NOT WANT TO PARTICIPATE In PvP and just build, factionless so they avoid being killed.

4. Build arenas and battlefields when i can to encourage activity in certain areas.

Also heres some extra ideas.

5. there will be maps made showing major faction towns that will be displayed at spawn with coordinates.

6. Mob Events and PvP Events.

7. Faction towns cannot have blocked entrances or lava moats so enemy faction members cannot enter the town. There must be a clear cut entrance that cannot be locked or shut.

8. Mods cannot tp players to far away destinations to make towns that are impossible for people to get to.

9. Mods will be split between factions.

for now this is what i believe we should do. Not at 1.5 but literally soon. Perhaps at 1.4.3 release.

Bungroids

New PvP and Faction  Empty Re: New PvP and Faction

Post  Bungroids Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:56 pm

Im going to go against that, but if anything, I Don't want my town Unprotected. Nor deleted or anything
    duckman6411
    duckman6411

Post  duckman6411 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm

I like the Idea of 2 factions, With a lot of factions its disorganized. With 4 player factions and All.
    pepsda
    pepsda

Post  pepsda Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:40 pm

Like the idea but the factions need to be balanced. The mods shouldn't be split between factions but rather should make a mod/admin faction who can aid the factions if they are being dominated. Also, a neutral town should be set up in between these two towns. I don't mean spawn, I mean a neutral city. Major faction towns could have their cords at this neutral town and it would be a sort of meeting/trading point. I also support a 3rd Nomad faction who just f**k everyone up (Possibly mod/admin fac?).

Post  avatarfan888 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:55 am

I love this idea drag, i guess this was brought up again in your thoughts more when we were talking bout it? Razz
    I also second both yours and peps ideas, i think they're both perfect, however i wouldn't want my settle to be destroyed, or for a map reset to occur.
    Also a little rant, since the 3 strongholds spawn around spawn and near it, I'm finding my settle being boxed in, when my friend has the idea to build a nice little old fashioned city for it. Was wishing i could unclaim there settlements, as i never even see the owners of them on XD (but i wont)

Back to the topic, i really like the idea, but i was also thinking about having the pvp aspect drawn away from just full enchanted diamond armour with prot 4 and a god sword made with anvils. I was thinking of de-buffing the enchantments on weapons, as I can basicly kill anyone with the armour i've got atm, along with my sharp 5 fire 2 sword... Pvp's getting a bit boring when its so easy.

EDIT: In response to the 3rd Mod/Admin faction, i really dont think theres enough mods/admins to do this, however the 2 factions should both have at least 1 admin in each faction, and mabye 1 VERY active mod in each as well. (nudge nudge, i'm active Very Happy)

Last edited by avatarfan888 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Moar ideas :D)
    pepsda
    pepsda

Post  pepsda Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:03 am

I agree with the pvp being drawn away from the diamond armor and enchants like avatar said, but I don't think any factions should have a mod or admin in them.
    Why?
    Mods and admins always end up with god gear. Always. Within 3 days, I think it was avatar who had the sharp 5 fire two sword. That is insane and is too much for most normal players.
    Cheating. It always gets yelled out at mods or admins who tp to places and tp players. If they had their own fac or werent in the others, no cheating accusations?
    An aid to the struggling faction. If one of the factions is being dominated by the other, the mod faction could swoop in with the god dear and you know that a lot of the other faction would leave. It isnt a permanent alliance thing but just a boost for the struggling one.

redrooster9500
    redrooster9500

Post  redrooster9500 Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:30 am

ok for starters i own my faction it has been made for tests/my own pvping so i would like my faction Grim to stay.

Post  avatarfan888 Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:38 am

Agree with you there again pep Smile
    Also i ddidnt cheat for my fire sword, i got lucky on two swords lv30, both sharp 4 knock-back 2, then my friend let me have his fire sword so i could have fire on it as well Very Happy, least i dont have full god armour, yet! Cool

EDIT: Red, the whole thing peps going on about is basicly destroying all the faction atm, including yours and just having 2 factions ran by about 3 mature and active people on the server for each. And then having a faction where mods/admins are, because we "cheat" (we play the game wayyy too much) and get all the good stuff, so we'd be a boost in battles, if one faction is getting obliterated. You can put in for running the mod/admin faction, but it'd probably be an active admin who runs it.
    Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

Post  Dragongunz Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 pm

I lik that pep, but a 3rd faction wont go well even if its just mods and vips. so making it only 2 factions will prevent another faction from going inactive. Also pep if you were willing to we could build some things like neutral towns which can be warped to from
    WARP GATES which are randomly put around the map that contain warp signs with a beacon under it Very Happy

Also Avatar i understand that its completely boring and gay, So i have a proposition!
    We get a plugin that prevents the crafting of diamond armor, leaving people to use only Iron armor Very Happy
    Diamond tools will be allowed ( and swords) just not diamond armor. Taking away the op armor means pvp will be faster and fun!!!
    taking away diamond armor wont be a horrible thing either.

But what you guys think about that ?

Warp gates which can teleport you to other warp gates that are scattered around the map!

And taking away diamond armor so pvp will be faster and more fun?

Taking away enchants would just be gay, unless it affected only tools and you couldnt use enchants on weapons or armor!!

Msg me on skype if you have any ideas Or post them here Very Happy!!! ( Skype = dragongunz11)
    Bungroids

Post  Bungroids Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:14 pm

No, not a mod admin faction, that would be overpowering. Plus it could create a lot of player-mod/admin animosity. Which I believe would end up in a lot of jailing, and banning...3rd faction idea good. I'll promote that. As well as neutral cities. Will town owners decide? Or how are factions going to be assigned
    pepsda
    pepsda

Post  pepsda Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I think you guys missed my point. The 3rd mod faction wouldn't be like a normal faction. Say one faction started to take control over everything and had like 150 members while the other was down to like 50 people and -10 towns, the mod faction would help get it back on its feet. Idk.
    Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

Post  Dragongunz Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 am

Pep i get what you mean but a 3rd faction thats only for support wont do well, mods and admins will get bored ;p

Rather then that the mods/admins can just assist the other faction.

@Bung, I'm going to expand on this later but how it will work is Town owners/Leaders run the faction or have more say combined then the selected Leader for the faction. Even then its up to the people to decide what they want to do though.

New idea: Neutral towns will not have pvp enabled. ONLY when an event occurs then pvp will be enabled for a short while.
    Once one factions takes over the neutral towns it becomes theirs ( They cannot build though ) for a short while(few days) then it will either become neutral again or pvp will be enabled again.

Neutral towns will have those free ore things and city warp gates and coord's and a bank to store items for players.
    There will also be a Smithery containing furnaces and anvils. So taking over a neutral town is worth it!!

Also again there will only be 2 factions not 3. 3 factions will just make an imbalance between factions.

Im really going towards getting rid of diamond armor and weapon and armor enchants. its complete sh*t to play pvp with all these op enchants.
    mavric_XXX
    mavric_XXX

Post  mavric_XXX Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:18 am

In essentials you can just black-list certain things. ie Diamond Armour
    pepsda
    pepsda

Post  pepsda Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Also, I will be working on making a few neutral towns and villages. I had an idea though:

What if we had 3-4 neutral towns, and each one had one specialty?

For example, one town is food. They would have a few respective villages such as a fishing town, wheat town, cocoa and melon town or something.
    2 - Smithing town - Mining village, armor village, weapon village.
    And so on. Perhaps a teleportation one or something?

Also, sorry for being offline a lot. I have wrestling and college and military stuff and work so I don't get much free time.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 10:26 am