Welcome Back!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome Back!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
andf
6 posters

Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D

Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D Empty Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D

Post  avatarfan888 Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:31 am

I was thinking, as the hunger games server thing, as far as i know, didn't really catch, maybe a different type, all together?
    To the point, i was thinking of instead of hunger games server have a technical mods server, maybe tekkit, maybe not, it'll be your choice, should you choose to contemplate my suggestion.

I personally would love a tech mod server, hosted by the lb team, i have played with tech mods for a long time now, and host a small private server with tekkit (boo, hiss, spawn of the devil, w/e) and i find it amazingly fun, but however since my laptop has to run skype and dedicate all of its 4 gigs of RAM to the server, I'm sorta killing it XD.

Kind regards
    andf
    andf
    Admin

Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D Empty Re: Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D

Post  andf Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 am

I had an idea for a server.

No chat.
    No commands.
    Players spawn far away from each other.
    Land protection near player spawn area.

Basically single player with a twist.

I was thinking of The Journey. It's a multiplayer platformer where you get a coop partner and you can't directly talk to him. All you can do is make suggestive sounds. The goal is to reach the top of a mountain.

It may make for an interesting mc experience.
    Olyol95
    Olyol95
    Admin

Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D Empty Re: Substitute for hunger games server/ Tech mod server as well!! :D

Post  Olyol95 Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:13 am

It all sounds great, if only our internet would clear up!
    Bungroids

Post  Bungroids Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:16 pm

To Andf. I've played on a server that sounds like that. And it was probably the worst thing I could ever play (no offense). It was like every person got thier own "Island" and basically you lived there. The limitations are higher, thus there is less fun. I'm okay with Avatars Idea of Tekkit type server. I've never played tekkit, but my friend makes it sound fun. I believe that it would spur more building than pvping. Idk what everyone wants, but I like building. Lol. Also I would like to make a final question. Why is the server lagging or offline 10 hours a day?
    andf
    andf
    Admin

Post  andf Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:51 am

Bungroids wrote:To Andf. I've played on a server that sounds like that. And it was probably the worst thing I could ever play (no offense). It was like every person got thier own "Island" and basically you lived there. The limitations are higher, thus there is less fun. I'm okay with Avatars Idea of Tekkit type server. I've never played tekkit, but my friend makes it sound fun. I believe that it would spur more building than pvping. Idk what everyone wants, but I like building. Lol. Also I would like to make a final question. Why is the server lagging or offline 10 hours a day?

Fair enough.

Hopefully crashes are fixed with the new update.
    We have no idea what is causing the lag on the server. We tried almost everything.

Taking the server offline for 5 mins seemed to fix the lag. Lets see if it will work again.
    Bungroids

Post  Bungroids Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:08 am

been more than 2 days Mad

Post  avatarfan888 Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:53 am

should i add a poll, to get opinions?

too late, already have

EDIT: cant edit main post to add poll, so....GIVE YO VIEWS
    Dragongunz
    Dragongunz

Post  Dragongunz Mon Sep 17, 2012 8:19 am

My idea: make a server where you get put on adventure mode on default and in a prebuilt Map ( a decent sized island with Buildings and all) and Chests Randomly Spawn ( also they despawn) containing items since People in adventure mode cant get there own stuff. PvP is enabled and mobs spawn always since it would be on hard mode, it would also always be night so they wouldnt despawn. Basically in a sense its Dayz or Minez but withought all that other Crap. Also there would be Transportation such as
    Railways and subways ( Good for bandits to camp out in), Also Airports with planes that have [Warp] signs inside that take you to another airport on the island, even some Rivers perhaps ;p. Players can only place certain blocks such as torches and buttons and levers ( but they will despawn after a few minutes), Players who live long enough or Pay 3 diamonds get to have their own chest at the bank at spawn.

Not sure if any of this can be possible, But i know you can make it default that people are in adventure mode. ;p I would try this but my computer wouldnt run that many players if i tried hosting one so this is just for anyone else who wants to do something like this
    duckman6411
    duckman6411

Post  duckman6411 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:47 pm

I really like tekkit so I'm ok with Avatars idea. And Drag are you basically saying DayZ?
    duckman6411
    duckman6411

Post  duckman6411 Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:48 pm

I missed the part where you said its basically Minez or Dayz so nvm drag

Post  avatarfan888 Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:43 am

NEW IDEA!
    rather than Tekkit, which doesn't have all the perms of the mod authors then why not
    try the newly released Feed The Beast Pack? Its like Tekkit but with different mods, but still in the industrial aspect Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:58 pm